Every single moment of the Sochi Olympics is documented in minute detail. Here’s how the AP and Getty Images, two of the biggest photo agencies on the scene, get their incredible photos from the Olympics to the United States, faster than you can microwave a bag of popcorn.
We’re proud to release a totally re-built Android presentation App today, free for all portfolio account levels. The App is designed to display your image and video portfolios on your Android phone and tablet. As with Dripbook’s iPhone + iPad presentation App, the Android presentation App downloads all your images and videos and stores them in the memory of your phone or tablet so that you can present your portfolio even when you don’t have internet access.
Features of Dripbook’s Android presentation App include :
• The App downloads high resolution images so you can zoom in for detail
• The App downloads HD video so your videos look sharp
• The App works even if you don’t have an internet connection - images and video are downloaded and stored locally on your Android phone or tablet so that the App can work even if the internet is spotty or non-existent
• Perfect for portfolio reviews in any location
• The App can be synchronized with your Dripbook account whenever you have internet access
• Share images via email, Facebook, Twitter, text messaging and more
What’s new with this update :
• The App now downloads video portfolios as well as image portfolios for offline display
• App re-built for Android version 4+ devices
• New tablet layout
• Larger key images and thumbnail images
• Faster performance
Things to keep in mind about this App :
• The App downloads a lot of data the first time you use it, so if you don’t have unlimited cellular data, it’s a good idea to use Wifi the first time you load up the App
• The App synchronizes changes with your Dripbook account manually - select “Refresh” from the upper right menu while viewing your portfolio overview to check for updates.
Many thanks to the talented and tenacious C. Enrique Ortiz for his Android developement skills (and for being fun and nice).
"These photos are part of a personal project photographing the people of the Paradise Valley in Montana. I have always been attracted to the landscape of Montana but really wanted to focus on the people and their interaction with the landscape. It was a true pleasure meeting all these amazing people who let me into their lives, for a few minutes to a few hours." -Jason Lindsey
With Valentine’s Day approaching, we just couldn’t help it—the theme for the next Feature Shoot online group show will be flower arrangements, because let’s be honest, we all want someone to bring us flowers. Generously sponsored by Dripbook, the top three photographers will each receive a free lifetime Premium membership to the sophisticated and stylish portfolio network. Dripbook allows photographers to easily create image and video portfolios that are searchable on the Dripbook website, making it a great place to be seen by photo editors, art producers, and creative directors.
A delight for the senses, this soothing and stunning ‘audio visual installation’ crafted in collaboration with DJ/Producer MJ Cole, filmmaker Chris Cairns and creative agency Grey London, pleases sight, sound, and taste. Shot for Schwartz and their new product, Flavour Shots—ready-to-go herb/spice/oil blends—participating creatives put together a mesmerizing ‘sonic flavourscape’ in which tons of peppercorns, cardamom, turmeric, paprika, cumin seeds, ginger, chili and coriander were set to explode in perfect sync with Cole’s musical composition. Working with Machine Shop, a group of pyrotechnic designers, each spice explosion and its corresponding note or chord seamlessly blends into a beautiful display that indeed brings to life ‘the sound of taste.’ -AMANDA GORENCE
"The firm is perhaps the most important type designer of the 21st century. Its fonts have graced the branding of billion-dollar companies, and the covers of glossy magazines. Movie-trailer warning labels in the United States are set in Gotham, an HFJ typeface that was also famously used by Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign." -Quartz
Here is what George had to say about the experience:
"I photographed Lyle for the Equestrian Quarterly cover and feature story in Kady, Texas. He was very gracious, warm and friendly. Lyle was competing in a “Reining” tournament so we would have to catch him between his rides to interview and do the shoot. I shot with available light and reflectors, taking time to source a few choice spots where I thought the light and backgrounds would be flattering and interesting. We ended up with several looks and had some great shots for the cover and feature.”